OLYMPIA TOURS - KATAKOLON SHORE EXCURSION
Olympia mini bus tour and Olympia tour with a normal sedan 4 seated car. Both options are private tours to Olympia from Katakolon port. This is the most popular Katakolon private tour especially for the cruise ships staying at Katakolon port for 5-6 hours.
On our way from Katakolon to Olympia there will be live commentary on board by the local driver/tour escort, providing information on the everyday life, culture and also basic Olympic historical information. While traveling from Katakolon to Olympia there will be chance to see farms with olives, vineyards and other crops.
Reaching Olympia you will be assisted getting the tickets without waiting in the lines and the exploration of the archaeological site starts. This is the place where the olympic flame was first lit, containing also the famous stadium of Ancient Olympia and the popular temple of Zeus. A helpful guidebook will provided (available in many languages) assisting during the exploration.
Next stop will be Klio’s honey farm, a nice picturesque farm house under to tree sheds, with the Owner (Klio) producing high quality home made honey and treating local delicacies (No entry fee required). Last stop of the tour will be St Andrew beach where the view is nice, perfect place to take some really nice summer photos and of course enjoy a nice coffee or beverage.
This Katakolon-Olympia private tour connects the history with the modern life of the area.
- The meeting and drop off point will be outside the pier’s gate, some meters away from the embarkation area of your ship
- The car will be waiting for you at the meeting point with a voucher written with your name placed on the car’s windscreen
- The tour contains the following visits:
Olympia (Site and museum)
Klio’s honey farm
Saint Andrew beach for swim/coffee
- The Shore Excursion duration is approximately 4.5hours. No charge for any extra time used
- The scheduled meeting time will be 15 minutes after your embarkation time so that there is enough time to have a smooth tour
- The combo ticket for Olympias’ museum and site costs 12 euros per person. Children under the age of 18 can get inside for free
- The tour is flexible so any adjustments needed can be scheduled and formed
- Skip the lines – Tickets for Olympia’s museum-archaeological site can be purchased in advance for you to save time (upon request from the customer)
- Tour guide is available for tour inside the museum and site ( optional with extra cost, upon request from the customer) (Please contact us for more details)